Follow me on Facebook

Sunday, January 6, 2019

My Thank You List for 2018

Well, 2018 has finally come to an end which means it's now time for my thank you list for 2018.
So much happened in 2018 and it was a mixed bag for me, some good, some bad, some tragic and a lot of lessons learned.
We (or more specifically I) tend to focus on the unfortunate events that cause bumps in our journey, so this list is going to steer away from that and focus on all the things I am grateful for instead of focusing on the negatives that plagued 2018 worldwide.

So onto 2018

First off I'm thankful for my new home.
After the panic of having to find a new place to live when the house I lived in was put up for sale, we were lucky to find a great place still in the same area very quickly.
It is a much more beautiful place to call home and was a real find that I will be forever grateful for finding.

Next, I am thankful for my flatmate and one of my closest friends.
If it weren't for him, we wouldn't have been able to afford to move into our new place, and there were more times than I would like to admit that he fed me when my fridge was bare and I didn't have a penny to my name.
I can honestly say I don't know where I would currently be without your help and friendship and for that I thank you for everything, I truly appreciate all you have done for me.

I'm also thankful to my friends and family for all the love, support and guidance you have shown me in 2018.
There were times in 2018 where I lost faith in myself, but you guys never did, and your support helped me take the plunge and enrol in my sports journalism course which could (fingers crossed) be the life-changing decision I have been dreaming of.

A special mention needs to go to my Mum and Dad.
Mum, you have been my rock in 2017, with so much happening to the whole family you were still always there to be the ear I needed in the dark times, and you gave me much needed clarity when my own mind was clouded.
Dad, thank you so much for all your help, it felt like 2018 was the year of car troubles for me and you were always ready, willing and able to drop everything and save my ass.
I'm sorry if you ever felt like I was taking you for granted and I hope I will be able to repay your generosity one day soon.

And lastly, I am grateful to the Warriors and all of you for your support with my writing in 2018.
When 2017's NRL season wrapped up, I was blown away by how many people had read my reviews after hitting 12,926 views for the season, and I aimed to get those views up to 15,000 for the 2018 season.
 Thanks to all of you on here I finished 2018's season with 81,437 views and my facebook page grew from 218 to 657 likes which just blows my mind.

I would have not got anywhere near that without the support from the Warriors community.
Thank you to Charlie, and the NZ Warriors Diehards, the View from the East Stand crew, the Faithers gang and all the other Warriors facebook pages that allowed me to promote my articles on your pages or appear in your Podcast's (Fingers crossed 2019 brings more of these opportunities for me).
This community is fantastic and I appreciate all the feedback I have gotten this year, it has truly helped me grow and develop my writing skills, and I know I still have a long way to go, but I know I will get there with your continued support.
I'm thankful for all the Warriors fans I have got to meet due to my writing, and I'm hopeful that I get to meet more of you this year.

Overall 2018 had its fair share of downs for me, but that has just made me appreciate the up's a whole lot more.
I'm excited for 2019 and whatever it brings me.
My studies will be on the forefront of my 2019 goals but the Warriors 2019 season will still be a top priority with my reviews still to be released the Monday after each Warriors performance.
I'm also excited for the opportunity to be writing for Nothing but League this year, I will be writing their Warriors previews and reviews this coming season, and I cannot wait (if you haven't already you should go check them out on www.nothingbutleague.com ).

Thank you again, everyone, for your support in 2018 and good luck to all of you for 2019, I hope it brings you all you dream for and more.
I will talk to you again in only a few weeks when my 2019 Warriors season preview is complete.








No comments:

Post a Comment